PRIVACY POLI CY
This privacy statement sets out how Cow Vintage, who operate this website located at www.wearecow.com, use the information you give us. We may change this privacy statement at any time by posting such changes on the site. Your continued use of the site after notice of changes shall mean you have agreed to the new privacy statement. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified with, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. By using the site you agree to this use.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Where you order products, we will collect your title, name, contact details, delivery address, billing information, transaction and credit card information or your paypal user profile.
- We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products, and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services.
- Should you loan clothing from us, we will collect your name, contact details, delivery address, credit card information and company details where relevant.
- Should you use our online contact form, we will collect your email address, name and any further details you provide within your form submition
- By siging up to our newsletter by email we wil collect your name and contact details. By signing up through social media platforms, we may ask your consent to provide us with information regarding your demographics and interests.
What Do We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use your information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Analysis purposes to devlop and improve our products and services;
- To allow our representatives to follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, people who have purchased goods from our site as part of our customer care procedures;
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you might enter;
- From time to time, to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by phone or email;
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or if the law permits or compels us to disclose it or we otherwise have a duty to disclose it to a third party; or
- To pass to anyone whom we transfer our rights or obligations to under our Terms (such as subcontractors and couriers).
Who We Share The Information With And Your Choices
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your information for the purposes set out in this privacy statement. We may pass information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purpose as set out above:
- To other divisions of Cow Vitnage;
- To employees and agents of Cow Vintage to administer any accounts, goods/services provided to you by Cow Vintage now or in the future;
- To agents who profile your information to allow us to tailor the goods/services we offer to your needs; and
- To other organisations for the administration of any competitions/prize draws which you enter.
Unless you say otherwise, we may use your information to contact you about special offers, goods and services. You may change your mind at any time by following the 'unsubscribe' link we inlcude at the bottom of all of our newletters, or contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Other Web Sites
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to WE ARE COW 61 CHURCH STREET MANCHESTER M4 1PD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You sesssion ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.